Wigwam® Holidays Charnwood Forest - Frequently Asked Questions
How many Wigwam® Cabins does your site have?
We have 6 Running Water Deluxe Wigwam® Cabins
When is your site open?
We are open 1st February to 30th November.
Do you allow dogs/pets? If so, is there a pet charge?
We allow 2 dogs max per Wigwam® Cabin and charge £8 per dog per night. Dogs must not be left unattended in the Wigwam® Cabins at any point. Dog beds are to be brought and dogs are not allowed on the furniture.
Is the site suitable for children?
Yes it's great for children with nature trails, bike tracks and walking trails
Do you accept groups, parties or celebrations?
Yes, by arrangement
Do you allow campfires?
No, complimentary Fire pits provided
What is included in one of your standard Wigwam® Cabins?
Our Wigwam® Cabins include;
- 2 ring hob
- fire pit
Is electricity included in the tariff?
What cooking facilities are provided?
The cooking facilities included are
- 2 ring hob
- fire pit
What do I need to bring?
We suggest you bring
- pots & pans
Although all are available to rent as optional extra
Can I order any extras?
Yes you can. The Optional Extras are:
- Bedding per double bed (includes 2 pillows with pillowcases, flat sheet & duvet with cover) £15
- Towel packs per person (includes 1 bath sheet & 1 hand towel) £6
- Net of Firewood £10
- Kindling, firelighters & matches bundle £5
Is there parking next to the Wigwam® Cabins? If not how close is the parking area?
Parking is within 100m of furthest cabin – Barrows are provided if required - Please advise if assistance is required.
From what time can I check in from?
You can check in from 2pm
What is the latest time I can check in?
The latest you can check in is 5pm (later might be possible by arrangement)
What time do I need to vacate the Wigwam® Cabin?
You must vacate the Wigwam® Cabin by 10am to enable us to prepare the cabin for the next guests.
Do you have a reception onsite and when is it open?
No, there will be a key safe on arrival for you to access your key. You will be advised about entry details after you have confirmed your booking.
How many toilets and showers do you have onsite?
All Wigwam® Cabins are en-suite with shower, toilet & basin
Do you have a family shower for babies?
No, all Wigwam® Cabins are en-suite
How close is the nearest pub or restaurant?
The closest pub is 1 mile away. There are 8 Pub/Restaurants/Tea Rooms within 2 miles.
How far to the nearest supermarket?
The nearest supermarket is 2.5 miles away in Markfield village.
How far is it from public transport?
The nearest bus stop is 1 mile away, 8.8 miles to Leicester train station, 12.2 miles from East Midlands Airport.
Is there WiFi access onsite?
Currently there is no WiFi on site, however we plan to install this soon.
There is an excellent 3G/4G signal on most networks.
What activities are available on site or nearby?
- Peaceful site overlooking a small pond, Wigwam® Cabins are located within a young tree plantation.
- Direct access to 200 square miles of National Forest and 100’s of miles of walking trails
- Cycle trails nearby.
- 850 acres of Bradgate Park (Public Deer Park), Leicestershire’s No1 tourist attraction located off the picturesque Newtown Linford village with its listed buildings, great pubs, classy restaurants and quaint tea rooms – Only 1 mile from the site.
- John’s Lee Cottage – previously belonged to the Bradgate Estate, ancestral home of the Grey’s until 1926 which famously is the birthplace of Lady Jane Grey - Queen for just 9 days before she was taken to The Tower of London.
- Beacon Hill Country Park
- Swithland Woods and Reservoir nearby
- Great Central railway
- National Space Centre
- In 1957, schoolboy Roger Mason famously found one of the world's earliest-recorded fossils at Charnwood in Bradgate Park.