Pay just 25% to secure your holiday when booking 28 days in advance
Cancel and receive a full refund up until 5 days before arrival
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Wigwam Cabins does your site have?
We have 6 Running Water Deluxe Wigwam Cabins, 3 Cabins have wood fired hot tubs.
When is your site open?
We are open 1st April to 30th November. We may open earlier or close later, please call for further information.
Do you allow dogs/pets? If so, is there a pet charge?
We allow 2 dogs max per Wigwam Cabin and charge £10 per dog per night. Dogs must not be left unattended in the Wigwam Cabins at any point. Dog beds are to be brought and dogs are not allowed on the furniture.
Large plastic dog baskets are available FOC on request
Is the site suitable for children?
Yes it's great for children with nature trails, bike tracks and walking trails
Do you accept groups or celebrations?
Yes we accept groups, celebrations & micro weddings. Our BBQ Hut, Tipi & outdoor kitchen are all available to hire. Please email us for further information: email@example.com
Do you allow campfires?
Personal & Disposable BBQ's are prohibited from our site - Fires are strictly restricted to our static BBQ firepits that only use firewood. Only wood purchased from our site can be used as unseasoned wood poses a real fire risk and it is against our agreed fire safety policy. A Firepit package is available at £13 (includes firepit, net of logs,firelighters, kindling and matches)
Additional logs (£10) and kindling (£3) are available on site - Only seasoned wood purchased on site is permitted.
What is included in one of your standard Wigwam Cabins?
Our Wigwam Cabins include;
- ensuite shower/sink/WC
- Shower mat
- x1 toilet roll (addition toilet rolls available from our honesty shed)
- heated towel rail
- table & 4 chairs
- x1 double bed with memory mattress
- Pull out double sofabed with memory matress
- Mini kitchenette & sink
- 2 ring hob
- pan pack
- crockery & cutlery
- wines glasses & tumblers
- tea towel, sponge & washing up liquid
- broom & dustpan & brush
- BBQ Firepit (Logs to be purchased during booking or are available on site from our honesty shed)
- BBQ utensils
- each cabin has a TV with a USB port for connecting to computers or mobile phones - Due to the location TV signal is not available.
- large decking area with picnic bench
- x1 external lantern
Is electricity & heating included in the tariff?
What cooking facilities are provided?
The cooking facilities included are
- 2 ring hob
- pan pack
- BBQ firepit (an adjustable BBQ grill hangs from a tripod over the firepit)
What do I need to bring?
- bedding - Pillows & pillowcases, douvet and bottom sheet. Bedding is available to hire as an extra if required)
- towels (towels are available to hire as an extra)
- personal toiletries (don't forget to bring addition toilet rolls)
Can I order any extras?
Yes you can. The Optional Extras are:
- Bedding per double bed (includes 2 pillows with pillowcases, flat sheet & duvet with cover) £20
- Towel packs per person (includes 1 bath towel & 1 hand towel) £5
- Firepit package £13 (Includes net of logs, kindling, firelighters and matches)
- Additional Net of Firewood £10
- Kindling & firelighters bundle £3
Is there parking next to the Wigwam Cabins? If not how close is the parking area?
Parking is within 100m of furthest cabin – A large wheel barrow is provided - Please advise if assistance is required.
From what time can I check in from?
You can check in from 3pm
What is the latest time I can check in?
The latest you can check in is 5pm (later might be possible by arrangement)
What time do I need to vacate the Wigwam Cabin?
You must vacate the Wigwam Cabin no later than 10am
Can we invite our friends to come and visit during the day?
Sorry, it is not permissible to invite friends who are not booked into a cabin onto site during your stay as they are not covered by our insurance policy. Any additional guests must be booked into our system. Please note a charge will be payable for any additional personnel and dogs. Payment can be taken on site if required.
Do you have a reception on site and when is it open?
We are a family-friendly site, your key will be in your cabin on arrival. Details of your cabin will be found on the notice board on the side of the small Dutch Barn adjacent to the car park. A 'Touch Stay' welcome app will be attached to your confirmation email once you have paid your deposit. We highly recommend you download this onto your mobile and pass it onto others in your group as it contains useful site, cabin & local information. Please email if you have not received the app and we'll forward it toyou it in an email.
How many toilets and showers do you have onsite?
All Wigwam Cabins are en-suite with shower, toilet & basin
Do you have a family shower for babies?
No, all Wigwam Cabins are en-suite
How close is the nearest pub or restaurant?
The closest pub is 1 mile away. There are 7 Pub/Restaurants/Tea Rooms within 2 miles. Please refer to your Touch Stay App. The Bradgate Pub & Post Office Tea Rooms offer a 10% discount if you show them your key lanyard.
How far to the nearest supermarket?
The nearest supermarket is 2 miles away in Markfield village.
How far is it from public transport?
The nearest bus stop is 1 mile away, 8.8 miles to Leicester train station, 12.2 miles from East Midlands Airport.
Is there WiFi access onsite?
Currently there is no general WiFi on site, however Wifi will be available in the 2023 Season. There is an excellent 3G/4G signal on most networks.
Are there televisions in the cabins?
There are TV's in the cabins soley to connect personal devices to via a USB Port for a larger screen if required. Currently there is no TV signal on site.
What activities are available on site or nearby?
- Peaceful site overlooking a small pond, Wigwam Cabins are located within a young forest plantation.
- Direct access to 200 square miles of National Forest and 100’s of miles of walking trails
- Cycle trails nearby.
- 850 acres of Bradgate Park (Public Deer Park), Leicestershire’s No1 tourist attraction located off the picturesque Newtown Linford village with its listed buildings, great pubs, classy restaurants and quaint tea rooms – Only 1 mile from the site. Our cottage, John’s Lee Cottage previously belonged to the Bradgate Estate, ancestral home of the Grey’s until 1926 which famously is the birthplace of Lady Jane Grey - Queen for just 9 days before she was taken to The Tower of London.
- Beacon Hill Country Park
- Swithland Woods and Reservoir nearby
- Thornton reservoir - Great for bird watching early mornings or early evenings
- Great Central railway
- National Space Centre
- In 1957, schoolboy Roger Mason famously found one of the world's earliest-recorded fossils at Charnwood in Bradgate Park.
- Stonehurst Family Farm
- Stoneywell Cottage (National Trust) - Admission by advance booking only on 01530 248040
- Tropical Birdland