Frequently Asked Questions
How many Wigwam® Cabins does your site have?
Our site has several different accommodation types:
- 4 Running Water Deluxe Wigwam® Cabins (with hot tub option add on).
- 1 Running Water Accessible Wigwam® Cabins these extra large cabins are fully wheelchair accessible (with hot tub option add on).
- 1 Running Water Accessible Wigwam® Cabins these extra large cabins are fully wheelchair accessible.
- 9 Big Chief Wigwam® Cabins.
- 3 Big Chief Couples Wigwam® Cabins.
- 2 small Sheiling Cabins (with hot tub option add on) (sleeps maximum 4).
- 1 large Sheiling Cabin (with hot tub option add on) (sleeps maximum 5).
- 12 Camping pitches on our “Wilderness Campsite” suitable for tents and camper-vans (pitches with electric hook-up are available).
- Electric motorhome pitches.
Some of our cabins have hot tubs and these can be added to your booking. There is an additional charge for hot tub use.
When is your site open?
The site is open 11 months of the year. We are closed in January.
Do you allow dogs/pets? If so, is there a pet charge?
We accept dogs and there is an additional charge and dogs must be added to your booking at the time of booking. Please note not all accommodation is suitable for pets.
As a working farm dogs must be kept under control/on leads due to livestock on site.
We also request guests understand that other guests can be afraid of free roaming dogs, please be considerate and keep your dog under control and tidy up any mess.
Is the site suitable for children?
Our site is a great place for children, with plenty of space for playing and exploring. However, as a working farm please be aware children must be supervised at all times. As a natural area and working farm please be aware we are not a fenced site and young children can wander, please ensure you supervise your children.
Please be aware of the natural environment (stinging nettles, spiky plants, insects, streams, farm paths and incline).
Please be aware of farm vehicles and other guests vehicles on site.
Children must not play in farm sheds or on any farm machinery.
Do you accept groups, parties or celebrations?
We can cater to all types of group, parties and celebrations. However group bookings must be booked by phone, please call to discuss group booking requirements.
Bookings of more than 6 guests are considered to be group bookings and must not be booked online.
Do you allow campfires?
Yes, we allow campfires.
If you want to have a fire onsite you must book a firepit from us, please add this as a chargeable extra to your booking. We can also supply firewood and fire lighting kits at a charge or you can choose to bring your own, please note only recognised fire wood can be burnt onsite (no pallets/found/reclaimed wood).
Be aware of fire dangers and always follow safety instructions and onsite rules with regard to fires.
What is included in one of your en-suite Wigwam® and Sheiling Cabins?
Included in each of our en-suite cabins you will find:
- Memory foam mattress’
- Electric sockets
- Mini kitchenette
What is included in one of your Big Chief Wigwam® Cabins?
Included in each of our Wigwam® Cabins you will find:
- Memory foam mattress’
- Electric sockets
Is electricity included in the tariff?
No, there is a meter in each Wigwam®, which accepts £1/£2 coins. Please remember to bring coins with you.
What cooking facilities are provided?
For Sheiling Cabins and en-suite Wigwam Cabins there are mini kitchenette within the cabin with 2 ring hob, microwave, kettle and toaster.
For Big Chief Wigwam® guests we have our 'Bothy” which is our communal kitchen with a cooker, fridge, microwave and toaster.
For our Campsite we have the "Nissen Shed". Facilities include kitchen with sink, freezer and cooker. Toilets, showers, wet room and baby change area are also located here.
There are additional washing up area on the campsite with hot and cold running water.
All water in facilities is suitable for drinking.
What do I need to bring?
- Bedding is not included in the hire price. You need to bring your own bedding with you or you can book this in advance subject to availability, please add this when booking.
- £1 and £2 coins for the electricity meters in cabins.
- A torch as our site is dark at night (beautiful skies).
- Appropriate clothing and footwear so you can enjoy all weather!
- A sense of adventure and a willingness to unplug from technology and reconnect with nature and each other!
- A pack of cards.
- Games and outside toys.
- Free standing BBQ (PLEASE no disposable BBQ)
- Deck chairs/Camping chairs.
- Picnic blanket.
- Towels (remember to bring extra towels so you can enjoy beach days).
- First Aid kit (including plasters and insect sting cream).
- Sun-cream- yes the sun shines in Scotland and can burn without you even realising it on a fun beach day (Moray is one of the places in the UK with the most sunny days and the summer days are long here).
Can I order any extras, and if so how much for each item?
At Wigwam® Holidays The Loft, East Grange there are many extras you can order including:
- Hot tub charge which includes wood (£37.50per day).
- Fire pit (£10 per stay).
- Bag of firewood (£15 per bag)
- Single bedding pack with towel (£13.50) with your beds made ready for arrival
- Double bedding pack with towels (£26) with your beds made ready for arrival
- Towel (£6)
- Blankets (£6)
- Lantern and candle (£6)
- Dog (varied charges depending on accommodation)
Is there parking next to the Wigwam® Cabins? If not, how close is the parking area?
Our ensuite cabins have allocated parking located next to the ensuite cabin area.
Our Big Chief cabins have parking located close to the cabins in our main car parking area next to out playframe. It is a very short walk to your cabin. This keeps the site peaceful and safe for everyone.
We operate a pedestrian only policy onsite so the grassy areas next to our cabins are car free, quiet and a safe place for children to play and adults to relax.
For our “Wilderness Campsite” there is parking next to the tent pitches.
All accommodation has one parking place included in the price. Additional cars must be booked in advance at an additional charge and will be parked in the overflow car park.
From what time can I check in?
Check in for cabins is from 4pm. We will give access sooner if your accommodation is ready.
Check in for camping is 1pm.
What is the latest time I can check in?
We request all guests have arrived before 10pm to minimise disruption of other guests on site at night.
Check in is at reception. If reception is not staffed when you arrive your welcome pack will be available for you to collect at the check-in box as noted in your pre-arrival email.
What time do I need to vacate the Wigwam®?
Check-Out is at 10am.
Do you have a shop/reception onsite and when is it open?
We have a reception however this is not operated at all times. A phone number is available to contact onsite staff.
We do not have a shop but our nearest village has a SPAR shop (2 miles away) and the local towns of Forres (4 miles) and Elgin (8 miles) have a variety of large supermarkets including Tesco, Lidl, Aldi, Co-op, Asda.
How many toilets and showers do you have onsite?
We have 9 showers and 13 toilets (plus toilets and showers inside the Sheiling Cabins and en-suite Wigwam Cabins) plus additional facilities available at peak times.
Do you have a family shower for babies?
Yes we have one family/accessible shower/toilet available at the "Nissen Shed" facility and another family shower/toilet at "The Bothy".
We do not have large sinks for baby washing so we do recommend bringing a baby bathtub if this is required.
Do I need to bring a cot?
Yes, if your baby needs a cot please ensure you bring a travel cot.
Please be aware that this will restrict the floor space within your accommodation.
How close is the nearest pub/restaurant?
Kinloss (2miles) has take-aways and a pub which serves food.
Findhorn (4 miles) has 3 pubs which serve great pub food next to the beach and a great coffee shops in the village and at the Findhorn Foundation.
Forres (4 miles) has lots of pubs and restaurants and local take-aways.
How far to the nearest supermarket?
The nearest large supermarket is 4 miles away from the site in Forres and larger supermarkets in Elgin which is 8 miles away but there is a small SPAR just 2 miles away at Kinloss for essentials.
How far is the nearest airport?
The nearest airports are Inverness (24 miles) and Aberdeen (58 miles).
How far is it from public transport?
The nearest public transport is 1/2 mile away at a rural bus stop. Forres (4 miles away) has a train station.
Is there WIFI access on site?
We do not have guest wifi but there is good mobile network coverage for mobile data use via 4G.
As an idea we suggest downloading films/music before arrival as non-mobile network provision is somewhat slow in our location.