Wigwam® Holidays Portree
Terms and Conditions
Before confirming your booking at Wigwam® Holidays Portree please take the time to read the information below. It includes vital information regarding cancellation policies and the amenities and services available at the Site, which will assist you with planning your holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email if you would like to discuss any aspect of your booking further.
• Please do not travel to Wigwamholidays Portree if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has had a positive test.
• If any guest becomes ill while on site and exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19 they MUST immediately notify the site by phone via the contact number provided and then leave the site (along with all members of their group/family) and self-isolate at home as per Government advice. In the circumstance that a positive COVID-19 test result be received guests must inform the site immediately to enable track and trace to be initiated.
• Guests must practice social distancing on site.
• Children must always be supervised on site to ensure they are abiding by social distancing guidance.
• Follow hand washing guidance.
• Socialising areas will remain closed in line with site decisions on safe operation.
• No visitors are allowed on site, only residents are to visit the site.
• The failure of any guests to abide by any instructed or noted safety rules will be asked to leave and no refunds will be issued. Please understand any instruction will be in the interest of public safety.
To secure your booking payment in full is required at time of booking, we do not accept provisional bookings so please do not make a booking unless you are in a position to honour it.
Please contact us directly if you would like to make a telephone booking.
In the event of cancellations or no-shows we do not offer any (either full or partial) refund . However, if more than 48 hours notice is given we may, at our discretion, offer an alternative date suitable to you only if we have the availability to do so. Please note the Highlands and Islands are subject to adverse weather conditions which may result in bridge closure and ferry cancellations . We cannot be held accountable for such events and as such, no refunds will be given.
We strongly advise you to take appropriate levels of travel insurance so that you can have peace of mind that your costs will be covered, should you need to cancel your holiday for any reason. We recommend that guests have an appropriate level of travel insurance in place for their needs.
Smoking is not permitted in the Wigwam® Cabins or in any communal areas. All cigarette butts must be disposed off in a sensible manner
Dogs and Pets
We do not accept dogs or pets on site.
By prior arrangement only, this includes guests booking individually but as part of a group. We reserve the right to cancel a booking where permission has not been given.
Check out is by 9.30am and you can check in to your Wigwam® between 4pm and 8pm.
However we can be flexible so please contact us directly if you would like alternative times.
If arriving after 8pm please contact us by telephone or email so that we can make arrangements.
Barbed wire fencing is used throughout the croft land surrounding the Site. This is used to discourage cattle leaning over and damaging fencing which could result in livestock getting out on to the roads and causing an accident. It is not there to restrict movement or access to the countryside.
Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
For your safety please be aware that when walking in the vicinity of cattle, there is a risk to you from these large animals with strong maternal instincts. Gates must be kept closed at all times.
We take all comments from guests seriously and in the unlikely event that you wish to make a complaint you can contact us by telephone or email and we will respond. We will try to resolve any issues as soon as possible.
Code of Conduct
We expect all our Visitors to respect and look after the Site and the Wigwam® you are staying in. You are expected to leave your Wigwam® in a clean and tidy condition and to maintain the high standard that you found it in during your stay. Any excessive cleaning will be charged at £50.00 per cabin. Any damages must be declared and paid in full before departure.
We require you to respect your fellow Visitors and keep noise levels to a minimum after 10pm.
Parents are responsible for their children, as such children must be supervised at all times.
Fire pits must be requested no later than 3pm on day required.
Fires are only permitted in the metal fire pits provided and must be used on the gravel outside the Wigwam. All wood used must be provided through the site owner, any other wood must be declared on arrival and a charge for use of fire pit will be issued. Burning of any other materials eg. Glass, bottles or cans is prohibited , as is removal for burning of any wood or property from the Wigwam® site.
Do not place any BBQ on the grass, picnic benches or wooden steps outside the Wigwam® Cabins. Please adhere to speed limit on access road. Always be aware of children.
Please be aware of overhead cables when flying kites.
Lost keys will be charged at a cost of £15.00.
Should you arrive at the site and your party exceeds number of persons booked or with pets we reserve the right to refuse your accommodation and no refund will be given.