- Blackpool (20 miles) - If its just a quiet walk down the sandy beach or an adrenaline filled day at the pleasure beach, Blackpool has it all. With Blackpool Tower, Sandcastle Water Park or Blackpool Zoo, you can keep the kids entertained whatever the weather.
- Trough of Bowland (12 miles) - An area of outstanding natural beauty, the Trough is perfect for a challenging bike ride or a relaxing picnic. The picturesque village of Dunsop Bridge is perfect to unwind. Let the children play in the river and then grab a bite to eat in the excellent Inn at Whitewell on the way home.
- Beacon Fell (2.5 miles) - With views out to Blackpool, Beacon Fell is a lovely area to spend some time walking and having a coffee in the cafe.
- The Palace Cinema (2.4 miles) - Take a trip down memory lane and pay a visit to Londridges cinema. The Palace was originally a weaving shed, built around the 1860'sand is currently one of the oldest surviving cinemas in the north west.
- Bowlend Wild Boar Park (8 miles) - For a fun filled day, look no further than the Boar Park. With animal petting and feeding, woodland and river walks, tractor rides and a kids adventure play area - it will keep your little ones entertained all day.
- Lake District (60 miles) - With the largest make in England (Windermere) and stunning scenery, the lakes are a walkers dream.
- Gisburn Forest (19 miles) - With six walking trails, four mountain bike trails, bike hire, a cafe, play area and dog activity trail for the children - Gisburn Forest is a fun packed day out!
For more attractions, please have a look at the following websites: