Enjoy a relaxing holiday on our friendly, working croft at Ruaig, on the beautiful Hebridean Isle of Tiree. Stay in one of two luxury, ensuite, glamping cabins, yards from the sea and a sandy beach, with stunning views over to Soa, Mull and Iona.
Unwind on Tiree’s white, shell-sand beaches. Spot seals and basking sharks, hares and, if you are lucky, otters. In Spring and Summer the machair is carpeted with wildflowers. There are lapwings, curlews and oystercatchers and, on summer evenings, you can hear the crek-crek of the corncrake. Experience turquoise seas, wide horizons, beautiful sunsets and clear night skies which are perfect for stargazing.
For those who want to be more active, Tiree offers world-class windsurfing and water sports. Learn to surf or kite surf, or hire a kayak. Go walking, cycling or pony trekking. Take a boat trip to Staffa or Skerryvore, with a chance of seeing whales and dolphins. Explore the island’s arts and crafts and enjoy a meal in one of the hotels or cafes. Freshly caught seafood, island-reared meat and locally grown salads and vegetables are all available in season. Listen or dance to traditional music in the community hall or other venues around the island..
Tiree is also rich in history, from iron age brochs to the iconic thatched or black-felt-roofed houses which dot the island. Find out more in An Iodhlann, Tiree’s Historical Centre, where you can also trace your island ancestors.
Or join us at one of a number of events the island hosts each year. These include a 10k and half marathon in May and an ultra marathon around the coastline in September. Fèis Thiriodh and the Tiree Music Festival both take place in July and the Wave Classic windsurfing competition is held in October.
Tiree is reckoned to be one of the sunniest places in the UK. It can also be windy, and sometimes stormy. But midges are rare - a bonus in Scotland - and our cabins are four season, cosy and well insulated, and the island is beautiful, whatever the weather.
Running Water Deluxe Wigwam® Cabin
Frequently Asked Questions
Each of our two Running Water Deluxe Wigwam® Cabin sleeps up to four people with one double bed and one pull-out double sofa bed. Bedlinen and towels (including beach towels) are provided.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free heating and hot water
- Ensuite shower, toilet, handbasin and heated towel rail
- Complimentary Scottish Sea Kelp shampoo and hand wash, two toilet rolls.
- Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetiere, twin hob and sink.
- Basic kitchen equipment: pots, pans, knives, utensils, crockery, tumblers, wine glasses and cutlery for four people.
- Complimentary tea, coffee, milk sugar, biscuits, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Dining table and four chairs
- Electric panel heater
- Private decking area
- Picnic bench
- BBQ bucket. (Charcoal can be purchased locally.)
- Highchair booster seat and travel cot available on request.
- Fire blanket, fire extinguisher, smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm.
- Two small torches and an emergency LED light
- Two pin adapter plug for shaver/electric toothbrush
- Local information pack