Health & Safety Guarantee
Terms And Conditions
The following few terms are to ensure all guests enjoy their stay at Mains Farm Wigwam® Holidays site, and would wish to return again. We respectfully remind guests that a booking with us is a legally binding contract.
- The Hirer warrants that the accommodation is to be used for holiday purposes only.
- The Hirer binds and obliges their selves to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
- Fire safety: Smoking is not permitted in any part of the accommodation. Candles, incense burning, fireworks, and flammable liquids/gases are prohibited within the accommodation or grounds.
- Tampering with any Fire Safety Equipment is a Criminal Offence. We reserve the right to report any incident to the Police and charge the hirers card (£50 minimum) for any damage of Fire Safety Equipment not related to a real incident.
- Campers and Caravan Site Users are responsible for any electrical equipment connected to our Electrical Hook Up's. Our system is 16amp and tested yearly. It is camper's responsibility to provide a suitable cable. We do have cables available. These are charged at £10 per night up to a maximum of £100.
- The maximum number of persons occupying the accommodation is as per the number stated when making the booking. We are not obliged to accommodate additional group members whom arrive at any other time unless (a) we have been made aware of their arrival beforehand by the Hirer, and / or (b) there is suitable accommodation still available. We reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice where no notice of any increase in group numbers has been given by the Hirer to us.
- Groups who still have to confirm exact numbers on booking are required to do this as soon as possible with time allowed for this at our discretion. We reserve the right to cancel any provisional booking 2 days after the initial enquiry in the absence of any written confirmation and / or deposit amount.
- Groups whose numbers decrease after initially booking should inform us of this as soon as it becomes know. If insufficient or no notice of a decrease in numbers is given before arrival, the hirer becomes liable for payment of all bed spaces booked for duration of stay. Larger single-sex male or female groups are not generally accepted. Exceptions to this are: school / college / University groups on official field trips, recognised activity clubs, armed forces & emergency service groups or any other official / governmental organisation, mountain rescue teams, community / church groups and outdoor instructional / corporate training courses. Acceptance may be given to other group types on an individual bases. We reserve the right to decline any booking. In this case no reason will be given, any balance amount already paid shall be refunded in full, and the contract shall be discharged without further liability on either party.
- We reserve the right to decline a booking or to refuse entry to accommodation to any person(s) or group who in our opinion, are not suitable to occupy. In this case no reason will need be given, any balance amount already paid shall be refunded in full, and the contract shall be discharged without further liability on either party. Our site operates with a relaxed atmosphere, please be aware Mains Farm Wigwam® Holidays site is not a 5 star resort but family holiday accommodation. If this is not to your liking please book elsewhere.
- We allow well behaved Pets in all our accommodation.
- We provide free WIFI. We cannot guarantee this service or compatibility with your equipment.
- We reserve the right to repossess the accommodation at any time where any damage, inappropriate behaviour or excessive noise has occurred. In such a case we shall not be liable to make a refund of any portion of the balance amount already paid.
- We cannot accept any form of abuse directed at our staff wither verbal or physical. Our response to this is to immediately call the Police.
- If we are prevented by any circumstances beyond our control from making the accommodation available on the day of hire commencement, and cannot provide a suitable alternative, we will refund all monies already paid, but no further liability shall be accepted.
- We accept no liability for loss or damage to any personal property whilst on-site.
- Relevant insurance precautions for any unforeseen eventuality should already be taken.
- As far as the law allows, Mains Farm Wigwam® Holidays site takes no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to you or any of your party as a consequence of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.
- The hirer has ultimate responsibility for the treatment of accommodation by their party during the period of hire, and is expected to take all necessary care. The hirer agrees to pay the necessary amount to rectify any damage to accommodation or to replace any lost or damaged items within accommodation caused by any member of their party. Unsuitable or inferior replacement items are not acceptable.
- The hirer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let and to allow access by the owners or their employees for the purpose of maintenance, cleaning or any other reason the owners deem appropriate.
- We cannot guarantee which Wigwam® you will be in, even if you request a certain Wigwam®. We ask that noise be kept to a minimum during night time hours (after 10:30pm). We give one warning then call the Police. We reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or any of your party cannot abide by this, NO refunds will be given.
- We ask that your accommodation be left in a reasonably clean and tidy condition at the end of your stay.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by these Conditions.
- Any disputes shall be settled in accordance with Scots Law.
- It is perhaps not widely known that a reservation made with an accommodation provider constitutes a legally binding contract, with obligations on both parties. in the event of having to cancel their reservation, the hirer can be held liable for payment of the full balance, regardless of the circumstances behind the cancellation, should the accommodation provider wish to do so.
- In the event of cancellation of a booking with Mains Farm Wigwam® Holidays site, any deposit amount paid is non-refundable.
- In accordance with accepted practice, an account for the remaining blanace may be rendered by us to the Hirer if the accommodation cannot be re-booked.
- The Hirer will be liable for any outstanding balance should they decide to leave the accommodation earlier than the previously booked departure date.
- We recommend acquiring personal travel insurance, to potentially minimize the above liabilities. If you have not already done so.