Winter Glamping is easy with Wigwam Holidays
Winter is a time for reflection and preparation, a time for some hygge!
As some of our wild creatures hibernate through the dark months of the year, nature around us tends to slumber too. The trees are bare; the countryside looks earthy and brown.
Yet nature is actually bedding down for the winter, and is preparing for the busy buzz of spring and summer.
While many of us dislike the short daylight hours, getting up and coming home when it’s dark, it also a time to admire the natural world and what better way to do this than by taking an out of season glamping break?
If this sounds like the last thing you’d do on a winter’s weekend, think again!
There are many ways you can take advantage of glamping at this gloomy time of year, taking time to recharge those batteries Here are ten things that make winter glamping extra special ...
- Stay in an insulated, heated timber Wigwam® Cabin, snuggle up on comfy mattresses and play some traditional board or card games
- Sit round a warming campfire, sipping frothy hot chocolate
- Observe the winter night sky, including the majestic constellation Orion, and maybe even see the incredible Northern Lights
- Breathe in and savour the chilly air while on a winter walk
- See if you can spot some natural winter treasures: rosehips; a rutting stag; prickly, shiny holly leaves and its scarlet berries; flocks of geese and ducks arriving for winter; spot signs of wildlife in freshly-fallen snow; hear the call of a beautiful tawny owl
- If you stay for two nights in a Wigwam® Cabin, you’ll lose four minutes of daylight a day before the Winter Solstice - all the more reason to snuggle up!
- Practice mindfulness on a peaceful site, without the bustling crowds of summer
- Enjoy a glamping break at a special low season price, knowing you’re getting great value for money
- A great excuse to cook great food on the barbecue or maybe indulge in a tasty takeaway meal
- Enjoy a spectacular sunrise and/or sunset. And if it’s cloudy or wet, then have a hygge hideaway in your Wigwam® Cabin!
Book your winter break today!