Glamping and the Working Farm
So, a working farm … muddy, remote, and with a gruff farmer to boot … right?
Well, you could be correct about all of the above, but actually glamping and the working farm is a match made in heaven!
As well as having a comfortable, insulated Wigwam® Cabin to stay in, here are ten reasons to plump for a working farm location …
- Working farm glamping sites are usually located in a beautiful rural setting, making for peaceful stay
- Sometimes there’s absolutely no phone signal, making for a totally unplugged experience
- Meet the farmer! See how hard he or she works to keep their farm ticking over
- Experience lambing – there’s nothing quite like lambing season for excitement and emotion
- Enjoy lovely farm walks and work up an appetite
- Have access to local produce and see how well our animals are treated if you are a meat eater
- Learn about different crops and maybe even see a harvest underway at certain times of year
- Enjoy the seasons as they should be enjoyed and learn about the farming year
- Get to meet the farmyard gang – maybe some free-range hens, the farm cat or maybe a sheepdog or two
- See wildlife too – most farms encourage wild birds and insects to their land as they encourage healthy crops
See our listing of just some of our working farm sites with Wigwam® Holidays