Pot-A-Doodle Do Wigwam Village
Pot-a-Doodle Do is situated minutes away from stretches of golden
sands and with spectacular view of Holy Island. Northumberland is the perfect
location for a weekend getaway or a weeklong adventure. Alnwick Castle, Holy
Island, Paxton House, the Farne Islands, Heatherslaw light railway, miles of
unspoilt coastlines to name but a few activities to make your holiday extra
special - you will not run out of things to see and do in this beautiful
There are 26 wigwams at Pot-a-doodle Do and three Yurts
along with a number of great facilities on-site. This wigwam village opened in
2005 and has grown year on year to keep up with popular demand.
What does Pot-a-doodle do offer on-site?
- Communal shower block with family sized bathrooms.
- Communal kitchen/lounge area with ovens, microwaves,
toasters, pans, crockery, cutlery - the works! There is even a TV to catch up
on your favourite shows. Complete with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Cafe Bistro serving breakfasts, coffees and cakes, lunches,
ice-creams and alcoholic beverages - open 9-5 July and August, 9-4 mid/low
- Country Shop stocked with gifts, treats and local produce.
- Walks - a selection of walks starting from Pot-a-doodle Do.
3 walks to choose from - perfect for a sunny day.
- Fishing lake: a short drive from our site, you can hire rods
from us and catch dinner for your BBQ!
- Interactive Art centre where you can paint pots, plates,
figurines and much more! Perfect for a rainy day.
- Play area equipped with swings a climbing fort with slide -
perfect for the kids to let off some steam!
- BBQ huts: hire a BBQ hut for your exclusive use for the
night. These Scandinavian huts are perfect for groups, especially in unpredictable
- Camp Fires: hire a camp fire for the night and make your
camping experience unique - toast marshmallows long into the night and gaze up
at the stars.
- Wedding location: can you get a more unique wedding venue?
This site is available for exclusive wedding hire. For more details please
visit our wedding page at potadoodledo.com or call the booking office.
- Anniversary/mini moon package: this package allows us to add
a romantic touch to your stay. The package includes your wigwam being decorated
with red drapes, dressed with a duck duvet and ready with champagne on ice,
flowers and chocolates. Treat your partner and make your weekend away extra
What are the accommodation choices?
- Standard wigwams are equipped with foam mattresses, a coffee
table, a work top area, a panel heater, a fridge, a kettle and electricity with
lights. Standard wigwams sleep up to 5, we also have 4 slightly smaller wigwams
which are ideal for couples or families of three.
- En-suite wigwams are available which have an additional
exclusive bathroom equipped with a shower, toilet and sink. We currently have
two on-site which also sleep up to 5 people. They have all the equipment of a
standard wigwam (kettle, fridge etc.)
- Yurts: we have three yurts available which are made of
canvas in the traditional Mongolian style. Inside there is a log burning stove,
and futons to sleep on. Without electricity this is a real rustic camping
experience - light your candles and look up through the clear dome roof and see
the stars at night. The two smaller yurts sleep up to 5 and the larger yurt
sleeps up to 8.
Please feel free to call our booking office with any
enquiries where our friendly members of staff will be delighted to answer your
questions and help you choose the best accommodation to suit your needs. You
can also visit our other websites for more information, please see: www.northumbrianwigwams.com and www.potadoodledo.com .
We hope to welcome you on-site soon.