Pot-a-Doodle do Wigwam village is situated minutes away from stretches of golden sands and spectacular views of Holy Island. The Farne Islands and Bamburgh Castle are also in the nearby area making for excellent days out. This camping site is excellent for those who like the great outdoors and want to be at one with nature. The site has 21 wooden wigwams as well as 2 en suite wigwams, each wigwam sleeps up to 5 people and are all insulated, the added bonus of electricity means that all wigwams have lights and heaters. They all have foam mattresses to sleep on and a small table, as well as a small fridge inside. The site also has 3 canvas yurts for the more serious campers, equipped with futons and a log burning stove, these are perfect for the summer months, the small yurts sleep up to 4, and the large yurt is perfect for a weekend away with friends as it sleeps up to 8. All you would need to take is yours sleeping bags, pillows, towels and toiletries and anything else you fancy!
The Wigwams are situated in a horseshoe shape in the field with parking spaces for everyone to park close to their accommodation. There is plenty of space out the front of the wigwams for little ones to run around while you can enjoy a drink on the picnic tables provided. The first part of the site is sheltered by an earth bank to protect campers from the winds, the second part of the site has fantastic views of Berwick-Upon-Tweed and the Tweed estuary, as well has having the protection of a wooden fence.
The campsite is right on the beautiful Northumbrian coastline, close to the divine Holy Island. The Wigwams are brilliantly set out to capitalise on the surroundings and they're comfortably furnished with all the basics you could need. The communal kitchen and dining room is also perfectly equipped. You can knock up beans on toast or a three course meal here with ease. If you don't want to cook for yourselves the Cafe Bistro is open 9am until 5pm (4pm in Winter months). They serve breakfasts, morning coffees, light lunches and afternoon teas. At night there is also the opportunity of having takeaway meals delivered from town from the Indian Restaurant, Chinese Takeaway or Fish and Chip Shop.
On site there is also an interactive creative art centre where children can paint ceramics, glass or try their hand at making a mosaic. There is a 2 acre fishing lake stocked with rainbow trout and fishing rods can be hired if required. This is a great place for kids to let off steam in the summer. There is a TV lounge in the kitchen areas as well as a great playground outside. There is also an excellent sandy beach just around the corner with crab-infested rock pools.
The Scandinavian and glass barbecue huts are great to hire out for groups at night times, perfect for cooking large amounts and great for socialising after.
Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
If you are thinking of booking a wigwam at Pot a Doodle Do please take the time to read all the information provided on amenities and services that will help your stay become one of your most memorable.
We like to help our guests-new or returning- so if you need any further information from us please do not hesitate to contact us either by email or telephone.
Here are our booking conditions, together with other information to assist you in planning your holiday at Pot a Doodle Do.
- Please contact us if you have a question or would prefer to make your booking by telephone.
- Our prices and availability can be viewed online. Payment in full is required on all bookings. We do not take provisional bookings so please do not make a booking unless you are in the position to honour it
- In the event of cancellation we do not give refunds on any bookings made at our site. However should more than 48 hours notice be given we will offer an alternative date suitable to you should we have availability
- Arrival time is after 3 p.m. and before 7 p.m. Some one will be at Pot a Doodle Do between these times to assist your arrival. Arrival after 7 p.m. is by arrangement and guests may have to locate their own wigwam. Check out is 10 a.m. prompt on the day of departure
- It is the clients responsibility to get to Pot a Doodle Do for the booking whatever weather conditions prevail
- Pets are only allowed in wigwams 5-9 and there is a limit of 2 small dogs per wigwam.
- Whilst we employ cleaners, guests are expected to leave the wigwam in a neat and tidy fashion. No rubbish is to be left in the wigwams. No food is to be left in the fridges. We reserve the right to charge to the credit/debit card details given on booking an additional fee should the wigwam be left in an unsatisfactory condition or if there is any damage to the wigwam or the furnishings therein.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the wigwams, bbq huts or communal areas.
- Camp fires and bbq huts must be prebooked prior to arrival. Disposable BBQs are not permitted on site. We reserve the right to charge to the credit/debit card details given on booking for failure to adhere to this term and cause damage to the property or the surrounding grass
- You are strongly advised to have some form of travel insurance to protect your position in the event that you are compelled to cancel your holiday. Please therefore protect your position with some form of cover