Facilities in the Wigwam® Cabin:
- Fixed double bed with comfy mattress
- Double sofa bed with comfy mattress
- En-suite toilet & shower
- Kitchenette with storage space, sink, fridge, kettle, microwave, toaster & hob
- Dining table & four chairs
- Broom, bin, dustpan/brush, washing-up bowl & chopping board
- Outdoor picnic table
- Barbecues can be used outside the Wigwam® Cabins on the hardstanding but unfortunately fire pits and open fires are not permitted.
You will need to bring the following items:
- Bedding (sheets/duvet/pillows or sleeping bags)
- Cooking equipment
- Eating equipment
- Toiletries, etc.
If you'd like, you can hire a crock box at an extra charge of £2.50 per night (maximum payment of £10 for one booking). If you're celebrating a special occasion during your visit, contact us to arrange for a bottle of sparkling wine, box of chocolates or bouquet of flowers to be waiting inside your Wigwam® Cabin upon arrival (we don't charge an arrangement fee for this; cost price only).
Facilities on site
The grand hall of the mansion includes:
- Well-stocked information area
- Coffee bar/lounge with view across the lawns towards Ullswater
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fully equipped laundry room
- Indoor washing-up area
The Main Reception is located on the entrance to the touring field, it includes:
- Onsite shop, open daily selling all the essentials including local milk, bacon, eggs & fresh bread. We also sell and exchange Calor Gas.
- Please book into reception upon arrival and we will escort you to your Wigwam® Cabin.
There's also a children's play area on site, which features:
- An acre of land for running around & playing
- Small football pitch for older children
- Swings, climbing towers, small slide & spring based rocking toys
- All areas have protective coverings, play bark, and rubber matting.