Local Attractions Caithness
There are plenty of things to do and see in and around Caithness:
- Walks, Surfing, Golfing, Fishing, Cycling.
- Museums in both towns, Wick and Thurso
- Arts and Crafts - Lyth Art Centre 1 mile Mey Hall Open the first Tuesday of the month selection of local crafts, jewellery, paintings, cards, soft material covers, hand bags, wood carving, garden herbs and plants, and fresh home baking.
- Castle of Mey - Late Queen Mother's summer home, open to visitors with beautiful gardens and visitors centre.
- Day trips to Orkney from John O'Groats with tour included.
- Excellent selection of Restaurants, and Cafes' that use our local produce, and amazing home baking.
Bird watching is popular our coastline provides endless interest for the naturalist The Puffins can be seen from April to July