This famous show takes place on 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th August 2017. It will be a four-day extravaganza of rural-related activities, animal displays, food, drink, stalls, shopping and of course, glamping!
Here’s ten things you perhaps didn’t know about BBC Countryfile Live :
- If you’re using your SatNav, punch in postcode OX20 1PS to get to the venue.
- Yes, you can bring the dog! Many shows don’t allow you to bring your four-legged friend. Keep your pooch on a lead and please clean up after them.
- The show takes place in the grassy grounds of Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill, one of Britain’s most famous Prime Ministers.
- Blenheim Palace is also a World Heritage Site.
- Wigwam® Holidays will be appearing at the show for the very first time on stand C64.
- While none of us can control the weather, best dress for the occasion if the heaven’s open!
- Car parks open at 7.30pm, with gates opening at 9.30am.
- The first episode of the BBC programme Countryfile was broadcast on 24th July 1988.
- When the programme was first shown, it lasted just 30 minutes – today, there is an hour’s worth of rural and agricultural coverage. Wigwam® Holidays has been mentioned several times over the years!
- In 2009, Countryfile moved from its lunchtime slot to an early Sunday evening slot, perfect viewing as the weekend draws to a close.
If you are planning on attending the show, then make sure you’re prepared, and come and see a top-of-the-range Running Water Deluxe cabin for a glimpse of glamping at its best!